Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I have a soft spot for Mickey Haller

I would say that I'm kind of hit or miss with Michael Connelly. What I've read, I've really liked. But, I haven't been compelled to read each and every book. The Poet was one of my favorites until I came across The Lincoln Lawyer. That was the first book I listened to on audio from beginning to end. I'm not sure if it was the story, or the narrator, but I hadn't been able to get through a book on cd before LL.

Connelly's upcoming book brings together his "series" character, Harry Bosch and Mickey Haller, from Lincoln Lawyer. The two also happen to be half brothers, so that should be interesting. I think this is the first time I've actually anticipated a Connelly book.

3 comments:

Kelly P. said...

OOH!!! Number one: Had no idea that Connelly had a new book coming out. Number two: I had no idea that Mickey Haller and Harry Bosch were half-brothers (how did I miss that?). Number three: I totally agree w/you about Lincoln Lawyer. I read it, and then listened to it on CD, and just LOVED it. I think I loved it more than any of the Bosch books. Can't wait for the Brass Verdict!!!!

Robin Bradford said...

You know, I missed it too, KP. When I read about it in some interview, I was like, wha.....???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.