Sunday, September 14, 2008

Review: Master of Surrender

Master of Surrender Master of Surrender by Karin Tabke


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
You know, the whole time I was reading this, it seemed like I had read this book before. Everything seemed exactly as I remembered from some other book: invaders come, the leader wants the scared yet brash and sassy mistress of the keep (or castle, or manor, etc.) She swears her husband/brother/father/uncle will return and rescue them even though the hero tells her (repeatedly) that said male relative is dead. I mean, the entire premise isn't anything new.



There were a few twists in the book, well, maybe twist is the wrong word. There were characters that may not have been in other novels that follow the same plot. Honestly, I found the whole thing very much deja vu all over again. There was nothing here that made the book stand out, yet it wasn't horrible. It's like eating at a favorite restaurant: you love it so you still eat there, but it becomes boring after awhile. That's what this book was. If you're a fan of this sort of plot, you probably won't be disappointed.



If you're not, there isn't anything here to make you a fan.






View all my reviews.

0 comments: