Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Review: Family Tree

Family Tree Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
This was a book that had been on my shelves for almost a year before I finally got around to it. The premise is a lot like the Kate Chopin short story Desiree's Baby So, I won't rehash the plot.



There were moments in this book where I wanted to shake every character in this book (except the baby) within an inch of their lives. But, reality says that people sometimes do very stupid things, even if they know better. So, in that way, I suppose the characters were very realistic.



I think Delinsky goes wrong here by trying to do too much. The plot with the baby and the plot with the main character's long lost father is enough. Delinsky adds in other sub-plots and it just becomes a muddled mess of secrets that really detract from the story. I think the book worked, it told a good story, but it could have been so much better. I would recommend it to people, but I wouldn't be surprised if they came back with complaints.


View all my reviews.

0 comments: