Wednesday, January 14, 2009

One more site for college profs to check!

There is an interesting discussion going on over at the Smart Bitches blog about plagiarism. So, when I flipped to GalleyCat and saw this my first thought was: college students. They get a bad rap, generally, for the whole plagiarism thing. But, you just KNOW some idiot is going to be trying to write their paper the hour before class and being too liberal with the copy and paste.

My second thought was: how the hell do I know the person who wrote the book has even read it? Now, I suppose there will be enough people monitoring the thing to call bullshit when someone says King Lear was a black king with a white wife who killed herself with an asp. BUT, there could be other, more subtle, things that are inaccurate.

I don't know. But, it's kinda fun. And reading the summary of The Outsiders made me wanna see the movie again.

0 comments: