Monday, August 10, 2009

Review: Bound By Honor

Bound By Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian Bound By Honor: An Erotic Novel of Maid Marian by Colette Gale


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
You know.....this book surprised me. There was more of a story here than I expected. The problem for me started and ended with "An erotic novel" because it wasn't. I didn't find anything in this book erotic. I was far more fascinated with the political machinations, the threeway friendship between Robin, Marian and Will and the romance between Alys and Will. I think it was SUPPOSED to be erotic, but if that's what you were looking for.....well, maybe other people got that out of this book. I did not. So, in that sense, I found it disappointing.

And, while the historical fiction part of this book was good, there are many, MANY that are better. I just think it missed the mark here. Don't know if that is typical because this is the first book I've read by Gale. Not sure I'll try another one.

View all my reviews >>

0 comments: