Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Review: Delicious

Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)Delicious by Shayla Black

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I had been waiting for Luc's book for a long time. Since Decadent, right, which was.....2007. So, maybe expectations were a little too high. It seemed to me, though, that Luc's character lost a little something in the three years between books. I still enjoyed this one, but not as much as I'd hoped. And, since it's been a little while since I've read it, I can't even remember enough to give details in this review. I remember that I DIDN'T like the secrecy. It didn't make much sense. Luc has secrets. Alyssa has secrets (hers were the only ones that made sense) WHY didn't he just point blank ask her about her relationship with Tyler? And if he didn't believe the answer, WHY is she wasting her time with him? I also didn't like the consistent red herring about who was the "villain". If you're trying to make this romantic suspense, then make it romantic suspense. Don't play at it. It didn't work. But, the things Black is good at: romantic, edgy, angsty romance worked in this book. It seemed, though, like she was trying to do too much and ended up only landing half her punches.



A disappointing effort from an author I normally like very much. But, that happens.



View all my reviews

0 comments: