Monday, September 4, 2023

San Diego Public Library pt. 2

 Have I mentioned that it has been a long time since I've done a blog post? Apparently, I couldn't do all the pics I wanted to do in one post? That may be a Blogger limit OR.....it might be a ME limit. User error, if you will. In any event, here is pt. 2 with everything else (I hope!) that I wanted to include. I suspect, looking at the pics I have left, there may also be a part 3....


The YA room was so interesting and looked very fun. 




I didn't go tot every floor. My sister was waiting for me, and we were pressed for time because the conference was going to be starting soon, and we still had to find lunch. So, of course, I went to the fiction floor. Because fiction. 






Waitaminute......what is this?!?  Is that....who I think it is?!? 










Okay, but there can't be actual cards in it.  Oh! 





Reference collections were kind of a thing of the past at the previous libraries I've worked at. And it is one of the things I miss about big Central libraries. Do people use these things? Probably not. Maybe once a year. Maybe once every 2 or 3 years. But for people with curiosity about EVERYTHING (namely me) they were glorious to have around. 






Up on the fiction floor were also the 800s because, of course. They go together. 







One of the things I found interesting was short stories being in the 800s. We'd done that, once upon a time. Now, I think most places put them in with the fiction. But if you're a person that just wants short stories, this is easier to browse. I prefer them in the fiction.



Some with stickers, some without. In stacks with old books, you can see the evolution of spine labels, stickers, and all the things they've tried in the past. For library nerds, it's like archaeology! 




Onward to Part 3!  Back to Part 1

0 comments: