Sunday, August 3, 2008

And the winner is.....


Congrats, Warden! J.R. Ward, and the Cop, won best paranormal romance at this year's Rita Awards.

If you're a romance/urban fantasy fan and you haven't read this series, you're missing out. Although, I have to say, I think the Ward backlash is starting. I heard someone say, the other day, that people in the romance book world "treat her like a God."

I haven't seen that to be the case, but what do I know, right? I have met Ward, and she is probably one of the nicest "Gods" I've met. But, honestly, I haven't had the misfortune of meeting any really horrible authors. All of them have been exceptionally nice, and humbled by the interest in their work. Isn't that nice?

The rest of the RITA winners can be found here. I'm interested in reading Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.

0 comments: