Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Review: Breaking Point

Breaking Point (Troubleshooters Series, Book #9) Breaking Point by Suzanne Brockmann


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Okay, Okay. I'm a Max fan. I'm a Jules fan. I'm a Gina fan. So why wasn't this a 5 star book?



Yeah, I don't know either. It just wasn't. The book was good, don't get me wrong. Parts of it were extraordinary, actually. The plot was great, although the reasoning behind it was a little weak for me. I didn't buy it after a certain point.



The action was great, although it was a little too unlikely.



Jules as Max was wonderful. More than meets the eye, definitely. He can be just as Max-esque as Max, and how wonderful was that to see! Sweetie. First rate, truly.



Gina....you know, I usually have nothing but good to say about Vitagliano. But, there were times in here, towards the end of the book, where I wanted to smack her upside her head. Maybe that's how you know you truly care....



Loved the flashback scenes. What an incredibly effective way to tell that story.



Secondary characters: Okay, I absolutely LOVE Gina's brothers. At least the one who keeps trying to get Jules to see the uh.....wisdom of Catherine Zeta Jones. Seriously? Love it. Jones and Molly? Yeah, they were all right.



After all the waiting for Max-n-Gina, I wish it wouldn't have been quite so angsty. But, it was, and that was no surprise.


View all my reviews.

0 comments: