Friday, March 13, 2009

Review: Get Your Sexy On (and they did. They really did!)

Get Your Sexy On Get Your Sexy On by Kimberly Kaye Terry


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
There isn't always a correlation between how hot the sex scenes are and how good the book is. In this case, however, there definitely is a connection. The sex in this book is supa hot! The story..... not so much. I found myself skimming through the book because the storyline was just boring. There were huge leaps in logic that didn't make sense. She's so concerned about her brother, for instance, that she's just going to go away with someone for the weekend? Or, he's going to TAKE her away for the weekend, but she can still go in to work as a stripper? Please, take me away but make me go to work! Uh....no. If I had to guess, I would say these were two characters who wanted to do nothing but get it on, and Terry was forced to construct a story to weave around that. There was chemistry there, but there didn't appear to be any real feelings. Normally that would be fine, it doesn't HAVE to be a romance book after all. But, that's what it was supposed to be and, in that, it failed.



Flip through this one at the bookstore, read the good parts, and then buy one of her other books (I'm reading one right now that I actually like.) This one isn't worth your recession dollars.


View all my reviews.

0 comments: