Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Review: Plum Spooky

Plum Spooky (A Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, #4) Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich


My review


rating: 1 of 5 stars
Wow. I don't know that I've ever given a one star review. Maybe I have and I just blocked it from my mind.



I attempted to read this last night. Now, in all fairness, I should have known better. I broke up with Evanovich after Lean Mean Thirteen. The books started to read the same and I no longer cared about the characters....even the ones I have previously liked very, VERY much. So, why, then, would I try and read this "Between the Numbers" novel? Because I'm an optimist, that's why. MAYBE, I thought, there would something good in here. After all, she's still hella popular. Well, I was right and wrong at the same time. I was right to have broken up to her, and wrong to be such an optimist. I read the first chapter and decided to skim the rest of the book. I skimmed the next three chapters, flipped to the somewhere in the back and read, and then I was done. Never did I get the hook that made me want to go back and see what I'd missed. Never did I get the hook that made me want to read the last page to see how it ended. I put it down and picked up something interesting.



I'm glad she still has a huge following and that those peeps are still getting something out of her novels. Finger Lickin' Fifteen already has 200+ holds 3 months before pub. I won't be one of them. We are truly broken up for good.


View all my reviews.

0 comments: